Week 2 ~ Project Recycle...
First step was to take off the sleeves and reshape the armholes to fit a much smaller arm. I finished the armholes with some bias I made from purple and white polka dot fabric I had in my stash.
The neckline on the original shirt was way too low for a little girl. To overcome this, I made a gathered insert and hand stitched in place.
The shirt was the perfect length for a dress, but too wide. To take width off the top, I unpicked the bodice and side seams, took out the gathering for the bust, cut off fabric at the side and restitched. I added a belt and tabs on the waistline.
To complete the outfit, I've made a little flower headband, using offcuts and a button from the sleeve, as well as the purple polka dot and elastic from my stash.
The old shirt is now a cute, little girl's dress and headband. All that remains of the original is one sleeve and the band from the second sleeve, both added to my stash for another day...
|Before and after...|
Voting has begun for Round Three and I've made it through. Again, I can't tell you which one is mine. Head on over, take a look and vote for your favourite.
Don't forget to check out our ongoing themed link parties at Threading YOUR Way with Threading My Way.