To match the pants, I made a hat from one of those tissue paper patterns. I found the hat very fiddly, but it came together in the end. As you can see from the picture, it's nowhere near perfect: there's a little gather where there shouldn't be and the top doesn't line up as it should. The crown is a little too short, so it won't last as long as I would have liked. I still need to add a little velcro to the straps.
The backing is made from cotton drill, quilting cotton and thick, woven interfacing. Three ties were sewn into the backing. The backing is reasonably weighty and so it hangs well.
The pockets are lined with the quilting cotton the same as the backing material, so there are no seams showing. I was very pleased with how the Bernina sewed through the corners and edges of the pockets. I did change to a jean's needle for this part.
This is the first wall hanging I've attempted and I'm chuffed with how it turned out.