When I was asked to join a group of sewists showcasing Puperita patterns, I was more than happy to be included. Having previously sewn garments using two of Annalisa's patterns, I was well aware of the professional standard of Puperita patterns.
This time I have chosen to sew the Choo Choo Pants, a versatile pattern that can be made up with either woven or stretch fabric. The instructions are comprehensive and easy to follow, with a section detailing how to sew stretch fabric on a regular sewing machine. Even though I used woven fabric for the body of the pants, the cuffs are rib knit, and I found this information vey helpful.
I love the finished pants, both the gorgeous fabric - Gold Four Corners Weave by Simple Simon & Co - and the shape of the cute, little pants.
The first garment I ever sewed with a Puperita pattern, was the Going Coastal Long Shorts. Two years later and those shorts are still going strong. Little Mister loves the cargo style pockets. They're a little bit shorter now! Perhaps time to make another pair when Summer rolls around next.
- Going Coastal Long Shorts ~ pattern
- Broom Broom fabric by Little Ladybird -my daughter
- Going Coastal Long Shorts ~ pattern review
I first saw the Petite Fille Dress over at While she was sleeping, and promptly bought the pattern myself. Have a look at Jenya's Petite Fille Dress to see the effect horizontal pleats create. Annalisa has designed the bows so that no matter how you tie them, the main fabric will show and not the lining. This is a great feature, yet very simple.
There will be many more Puperita patterns in my future. They're so easy to make, thanks to the comprehensive directions, and the finished results look great. Matter of fact, I have several Puperita patterns already purchased. Yes, I have a pattern stash as well as a fabric stash...
- Elegant Boy Shirt and Shorts (maybe this one's no longer available)
- Hearts Jacket
- Jungle Harem Pants
- Little Star Jeans
- Diaper Cover
- Sabrina Dress
- Sailboat Romper Dress
- Tweet Tweet Dress
In case you are in need of extra help, there is a very active Puperita Teamwork Group on Facebook. I love seeing the lovely creations made by others. - gives me ideas for future projects. Thanks to this group, I now have my eye on the BFFs Girl Baby Dress.
I'll do a full review of the Choo Choo Pants pattern in the next week or so.
I'm looking forward to seeing the creations made by the other participants in the Puperita Patterns Showcase...
- Jenya: While she was sleeping ~ Yummy Dotted Dress & Matryoshka Vest
- Emi: Just Add Fabric ~ Fairy Girl Dress
- Jaime: Made By Jaime ~ Sweet Bee Dress & Teddy Romper
- Janice: So-Cal Sewing Mom ~ Liberty Style Blouse & Funny Boy Shorts
- Soso: Moineau & Petit Pois ~ Hoola Hoop Dress
- Ula: Lulu & Celeste
- Nuala: clootie dumplings ~ Hoola Hoop Dress
- Maria: Fairies, Bubbles & Co. ~ Liberty Style Blouse
- Shelly: Sew Shelly Sew ~ Lil Critters Romper
- Chari: Take time to smell the rose ~ Little Critters Romper Skirt
- Helen: The DIY Fox ~ Little Birds Dungarees
- Karly: Paisley Roots ~ Tweet Tweet Dress
- Sanae: Sanae Ishida
- Candice: Candice Ayala
- Melissa: Rebel & Malice
- Janet: 7 Pine Design ~ Tiny Flowers Blouse