Not so long ago, I showed you my latest dress for Dress A Girl Around the World... a simple t-shirt dress. I loved the fabric, but I wasn't happy with how wide the dress turned out. Thank you so much for all the suggestions as to how I could easily fix the problem.
Once I have finished a garment, I do NOT like to make alterations or adjustments and I very nearly left the dress as is. Many of you suggested bows at the side and as this was such an easy solution, I ran with it.
I would have liked to use grosgrain ribbon, but didn't have a suitable colour. Instead, I used some store bought bias tape. Each ribbon is 8" long and sewn 2" from the side seam... two simple bows that pull the waist in a little.
Just a little addition that has made a big difference to the look of the dress.
Thank you so much for all the comments and suggestions as to how I could easily fix the problem.