There's no such thing as too many pockets in a bag - never, ever!!! Whether they be internal or external, pockets keep bag contents secure, tidy and easy to find. If your favourite bag tutorial or pattern doesn't have enough pockets, read on...
Damjana, from AppleGreen Cottage, shows How to Sew a Zippered Pocket on Any Bag. The additional zipper pocket needs to be sewn before the bag pieces are assembled and can be sewn into the outer shell or in the lining, or both. The detailed instructions will step you through the process.
I like to keep my keys secure, yet close at hand, and so an external zippered pocket on my handbag is a must. What items would you store in zippered pocket?
- Easy Way to Space Buttonholes Evenly
- How to Sew a Lettuce Edge Hem
- Zippers the Easy Way
- Unlined Patch Pocket
- Machine Appliqué for Beginners
- How to Install Kam Snaps
- How to Sew Different Types of Seams
- Zipper Tabs
- How to Add a Wristlet Strap to Any Bag
- How to Sew a Welt Zipper Pocket
- How to Replace a Jeans Zipper
- How to Easily Mend Stretched Ribbing
- How to Easily Reinforce Bag Handles for Added Structure
- Stay Stitching
- How to Sew Corded Bag Handles
- How to Repair a Large Hole in the Elbow of a Jacket
- How to Add Magnetic Snaps
- Darning a Big Hole in Jeans