Another Christmas present finished!!! That's three this year. My goal is one present per month and so far I'm on task.
To help with motivation, I'm joining in with Ho, Ho, Ho and On We Sew throughout the year. Each month there will be...
- a link party where everyone can add their Christmas makes
- guest hosts with a tutorial for a Christmas / holiday-themed gift or home decoration item
There'll also be giveaways throughout the year.
This month's host is Sally, from Wonky Patchwork, showing how to make adorable Clara and Nutcracker dolls.
Sandra also keeps me motivated. We have set ourselves monthly challenges, emailing each other to help stay on task. Being accountable to one person really does make a difference.
You may think I've shown you this zippered pouch before and you'd be half right. The taller pouch at the back was my Christmas make for January. The zippered pouch at the front I haven't shown you before. I haven't decided yet whether I'll give them to the same person as a set, or split them up and give as two gifts.
Although different shapes and sizes, they're both made with Noodlehead's open wide zippered pouch tutorial. I really do like the way the zip is inserted, as it produces a pouch that looks good every time.
Noodlehead gives instructions for three different sized pouches, all of much the same proportions. Her instructions are very clear and easy to follow. All up, I've made eight open wide pouches, changing the dimensions to make different shaped bags. Clockwise from top left...
- Crazy Patchwork Open Wide Pouches - one for me and one for a friend
- Felt Houses Sewing Kit - a gift for someone new to sewing this year
- Crazy Patchwork Open Wide Pouch - a gift for my sister last year.
- Free Motion Embroidered Open Wide Pouches - both for me
I'm sure these won't be my last open wide pouches. In fact, I have three more planned - using a Quilt As You Go technique.
This month's giveaway prize -
1m of this great
Scandinavian knitwear inspired cotton
from Alexie at
Patchwork Elephant -->>