I just love this pieced and quilted little bag!! Wouldn't you love to receive this as a present.
Kellie - Gigi Made It - used my tutorial as the basis to make this bag. Using fabric scraps left over from another project, Kellie pieced and quilted an adorable patchwork bag, giving it away as a present to her lucky sister.
Kellie is an experienced seamstress, so I'm flattered by her comment...
Pam’s tutorial instructions are so thorough that you can’t help but turn out a polished little bag.
The tutorial for the Drawstring Fabric Basket with Handles was written over seven years ago. At the time I made two baskets as presents - one to store matchbox cars, and the other for storing craft gear.
Since then I've made one for me. Initially it was a sewing basket to take to quilting retreats, but now it stores fabric scraps - I throw scraps in as I sew, ready to sort when I have time.
- Sewn by YOU ~ Drawstring Fabric Baskets
- Sewn by YOU ~ Fabric Baskets with Drawstring Closure
- Sewn by YOU ~ Fabric Basket with Drawstring Top & Handles
- Sewn by YOU ~ Giraffe Drawstring Fabric Basket
- Sewn by YOU ~ Paper Pieced Drawstring Fabric Basket
One tutorial - endless possibilities, limited only by your imagination.
Do you enjoy sewing presents for others?