Today's Sewn by YOU feature, is an embroidered library bag - just perfect for a young person to carry home books from their school or local library.
Dona sent me this photo of her awesome library bag, made using my library bag tutorial, adding her own embroidery to the front. I just love it!!!
Now I know nothing about embroidery machines or the files that are used with them, but I have found the following cool embroidery designs (that can be purchased online) - all to do with reading. I have no association with the sellers - I just like the quotes and embroidery.
Is it possible to obtain free embroidery files?
- Today a Reader tomorrow a Leader
- I disappear into Books. What is your Superpower?
- The world is yours one book at a time
- I read past my bedtime
- Reading is my Superpower
- Let's Read
- I Love Books
- Read me a story tuck me in tight
- Reading Rocks
- Gotta Read 'Em All
- I'd Rather Be Reading
- Just One More Chapter
- Happy Times are Never Ending when we're Reading and Pretending
- I love to read before I sleep. It's much more fun than counting sheep.
Thank you Dona, for showing me your library bag. Totally made my day!!!
Have you made a project using one of my tutorials? Let me know...
- Leave me a link in the comments
- Add to the ongoing link parties, here at Threading My Way.
- Tag me on Instagram - #threadingmyway or @threadingmyway
- Send me a message on Facebook
- Tag me on Twitter
- Send me an email (address top right of page)
The bag is great, sewn after your tutorial and with the beautiful embroidery a real eye-catcher. It makes it fun to carry the books home.
Happy New Year 2018!
Love it! I wish I had an embroidery machine. I'm seeing so many things pop up now that include embroidery.ReplyDelete
The bag is wonderful, and I love the embroidery! I wish I had an embroidery machine, I just love all the things you can make with one :)ReplyDelete
The more cool projects I see, Sheila, the more I'm tempted to buy myself an embroidery machine.Delete
Eli is a lucky kiddo!ReplyDelete
There are a ton of free embroidery patterns available online - I had a machine for a short time and managed to collect a rather extensive collection of freebies (in addition to the large number of patterns I bought) - there are so many incredibly generous designers around!
Very useful post I really appreciate thanks for sharing such a nice post.ReplyDelete