Drawstring gift bags have become my favourite way to wrap presents. Not only are they quick and easy to make, but the end result is two gifts in one. I've just finished another two, this time made with beautiful satin fabric.
I modified the Drawstring Gift Bag tutorial...
- Cut fabric to 13" x 9" (33cm x 23cm)
- Measure 1¼" and ½" from the top when making the hole for the drawstring casing.
- Measure 1" from the corner seams when making the boxed corners. ie; the corner will end up at 2".
Satin fabric frays a lot, so all seams are zig zagged. An overlocker (serger) would do just as well.
Each bag is lined with crepe fabric - not too slippery against the satin, but still looks good. One drawstring is t-shirt yarn and the other is a cord most probably from a pair of shorts. I always take drawstring cords out as soon as I get pants or shorts home. Ha, ha.. makes for a flatter tummy without the bulge of a cord.
What's inside the bags you might ask? Well, its a small rolled up towel. I haven't made the presents yet. Round the wrong way, I know. Should have done the presents first. That's how I roll here - sew what I like, when I feel like it. Means I'll have to be exact with measurements for the presents, though. Stay tuned...
What's your favourite way to wrap presents? If you like the idea of drawstring bags for gift bags...
- Small Drawstring Gift Bag
- 30 Reusable Fabric Gift Bags
- Drawstring Bags Link Party
- Gift Wrapping Link Party