So the first thing is, thanking the person who nominated you:
Thank you, Amy! I'm flattered and honoured to receive this award from you. Amy's A Home, Made is on my Must Read list of blogs. Amy comes up with the most amazing projects and then shares her comprehensive tutorials. You just have to have a look at Amy's awesome Ribbon Dress tutorial.
Share 7 things about yourself:
Like Amy, I find it hard to share things that I think you'll be interested in and that you haven't heard before. Here goes...
- When I'm not sewing, or blogging about sewing, I can be found out in my garden. Mr TMW says I need one of those visibility flags for bikes, so he doesn't have to search to find me. Hmmm, a flag on a pole attached to me as I'm gardening... the ultimate fashion accessory.
- In my younger days, I dreamt of being self sufficient. Picture Tom and Barbara Good from The Good Life, (or Good Neighbours as it was called in the US). It didn't happen, but I have great respect for those who follow their dream of self sufficiency, whether it be totally or partially. Any step in that direction is a positive thing.
- I love to have fresh flowers in the house and get great pleasure from picking them from my own garden.
- I like things to be tidy, but I make a mess when I work. Once involved, I can work in the mess and take a while to clean it up.
- I stay up till 2am most nights, if not later... you guessed it... sewing and blogging. I make up for it by getting up late each morning. I am so NOT a morning person.
- I'm late to nearly everywhere I go, no matter how much I plan to be on time, even if I go to bed really early the night before. Mr TMW thinks my time clock is non existant.
- I don't own a dress, but I love dresses on others. I have a few skirts, but my preferred pieces of clothing are jeans, dressed up or down by the accessories and tops worn with them.
Share 7 of your blog posts that fit the following categories: (Are you getting the 7 x 7 yet?)
- Most Beautiful ~ I'm finding this one hard, but I'll go for the old t-shirts refashioned into a little girl's top. It's a very pretty, little top.
- Most Helpful ~ This would be the post on Aligning Blog Buttons, as part of a series on How Does Your Blog Look.
- Most Popular ~ By a long shot, this has been the Transformation of a Wedding Dress into a smart day dress.
- Most Controversial ~ I don't know that any of my posts are controversial, but after transforming the wedding dress into a day dress, my daughter asked me to refashion the dress into a top. Opinion was divided as to whether I should leave it as is, or transform it yet again.
- Most Surprisingly Successful ~ The baby doll t-shirt dress I turned into a bag has been far more popular than I would have expected.
- Most Underrated ~ I think this would have to be the Cupcake Dress I made, complete with a matching cupcake dress for a Cabbage Patch Doll.
- Most Pride Worthy ~ Probably the woman's shirt that I upcycled into a little girl's dress. I'm certainly gaining confidence in refashioning clothes.
Lastly, nominate 7 other bloggers for the 7 x 7 award:
This is the hardest part of the award, as there are SO many wonderful, inspiring blogs that I read. I'm passing the award onto 7 people who are making the world a better place, by using their blogs to help others. Head on over and have a look at the wonderful work that these amazing ladies are doing. So with this post, I pass on the honour and responsibility of the 7 x 7 to you. In no particular order...